WordPress and Software Developer
No Recruitment Agency Calls or Emails!
WordPress and Software Developer
£30 – £40k dependant on experience
We are looking for a talented WordPress and Software Developer to join our dynamic and rapidly growing Digital Services team. You will have at least 3 years commercial experience and be able to demonstrate a wide variety of development work within your professional portfolio.
As a WordPress and software developer you’ll work as a core part of the Gambit Nash team to deliver digital solutions for our clients, and our own products and services. You’ll play a key role in assisting with briefs, concept development, and turning these in to workable new web based and software solutions.
We’ll need you to be an expert in various CMS’s and be able to manage projects from concept through to go live. Additional technical skills you’ll understand include; JQuery, Bootstrap and Ajax, and you’ll also need to have experience working with SQL and MySQL / Maria databases.
Key skills a successful applicant must demonstrate
- A deep understanding and knowledge of WordPress from theme and plugin development
- Sub set of skills and appreciation for JQuery, Bootstrap and Ajax.
- Some exposure to working with SQL, MySQL / Maria databases.
- In depth knowledge of various browsers (IE, Safari, Firefox etc), their quirks and how to overcome them in the delivery of websites and online software solutions.
- Demonstrate a core belief in outstanding user experience and interaction design for the benefit of the end user.
- The desire and drive to produce the very best work possible, and pragmatic enough to know that deadlines must be met.
- Experience of working in a fast paced digital agency environment servicing multiple clients and working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Ability to work on multiple development work streams concurrently both under your own initiative and part of a development team
- You must be self-motivated, positive, professional and above all a great communicator with a flexible and adaptable attitude to your work.
Additional skills that would prove helpful
- Experience of working with APIs to link back end systems to web platforms
- Knowledge of Linux servers / the LAMP / LEMP stacks.
- Experience of CloudFlare or a similar CDN would be a distinct advantage
- Some exposure to mobile apps, both native to android / iOS and web apps.
- Knowledge of or experience of working in the Laravel framework would be a huge bonus.
- Some knowledge of software development in Java would be an advantage to assist in the support of a large Gambit Nash client.
- An awareness of information security protocols and good practice relating to secure code development.
- An impressive public GitHub profile would help us to get a better view of what you are all about.
- An understanding of social media and the role Web Designers can play in enhancing social media activity would be extremely beneficial, as would an ability to measure and track the performance of activity you’re working on (e.g. Webstats, analytics etc.).
- Experience of working with agile development methodologies.