The Gambit Nash team are on the lookout for a talented developer to join our small, friendly team. You’ll benefit from a multitude of company perks along with a competitive salary.
Find out more about our Developer position below…
Salary: Circa £30k
About this job:
Job type: Permanent
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Digital Agency
Company size: < 10 people
Company type: Private
Gambit Nash is a small, friendly team based in the village of Belbroughton, on the outskirts of south Birmingham. The village is small and quaint with plenty of pubs and easily accessible via car from M5 J4 or from surrounding areas including Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, and Kidderminster.
As a creative agency, web projects can vary greatly; from building small WordPress websites for individuals and small businesses to development of large IT systems for government and private-sector organisations. The job will also present new opportunities to branch into other technologies and areas as desired, as the team also works with Vue.js, Java, NPM, Go, and server technologies including nginx, php-fpm, memcached, and redis.
- Develop new user interfaces based on UI and UX designs.
- Work with the team to produce fully-functional web apps and websites.
- Involvement with clients and stakeholders to influence technology and design decisions.
- Experience with front-end libraries including jQuery and Bootstrap.
- Familiar with Sass and Less.
- Understanding of OOP and MVC.
- Able to work on your own and part of a team.
- Self-motivated and able to pick up and run with a project.
- Ability to use version control – Primarily git, but also subversion/svn.
- Some experience with *nix command-line – Most of our systems are running Linux and macOS.
- Knowledge of WordPress administration and theme/plugin development.
- Basic understanding of the importance of Information Security and best practices for developing secure applications and websites.
- Familiarity with both Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
- A small portfolio of previous work (screenshots, links, GitHub profile, or code samples).
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days minimum paid holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Office Snacks, Tea & Coffee Provided.
- Pool Table.
- Car Parking Space.
- Use cutting-edge web and server technologies.
- Work with great hardware and tools.
- Be part of a Small, Friendly team of all ages.
- No specific dress code.
Are You Who We’re Looking For?
Could you be who we’re looking for? If you feel like this is the perfect job role for you, please get in touch with us using the form below.
No Agency Calls Accepted.
Oops! We could not locate your form.